Monday, May 9, 2011

oldies but goodies.

A few of my favorite crafts...


My fiance and I created these cards to give to our wedding party at our engagement party as a fun way of asking them to be in our wedding. They were super easy and cost next to nothing. The groomsmen card was created in Word and I found the clipart online. The bridesmaid card I hand stamped with this great vintage dress stamp I found online. Then I added some blue rhinestones on the belt of the dress to perk it up a little. On the inside they simply said "Will you be my bridesmaid?" They were a huge hit!



I love these ribbon wreaths. I found this idea on a random crafter's blog. They are made out of grosgrain ribbon. To make these, you simply tie 6-8 inch strips of ribbon in a knot around a wreathform. I ordered the ribbon online in a larger bulk size because I needed so much and in the stores, it costs so much for so little. I think I ordered 14 yards for $7. Thats about what you would pay for 5 yards in stores. Its almost always cheaper to buy online...its worth it to do your research!

This tutu was super easy! It took over 100 yards of tulle to make it this full, but still only took about 30 minutes to make and more importantly only cost about $8 total in material. I got the idea off etsy.com where they sell from $20-$40!

No comments:

Post a Comment